Monday, November 26, 2007

Two Things I Need To Change

1st is a habit that need to break.
I have been stopping at Quick Trip on the way to work to pick up a diet Pepsi quite often. This is becoming a habit, and one that I must curb. If I really felt I needed a caffeine boost I could always bring something from home.
The danger in stopping here every work day is that I find myself thinking about the breakfast sandwiches they sell. What if I were to slip and have that breakfast burrito or a JalapeƱo sausage roll? Each of those is worth a days point value. And of course they also happen to sell Krispy Kreme doughnuts. So effective tomorrow I remove that temptation and I skip stopping at QT.

2nd is enough with this "?" as a point value.
I truly need to inform myself. Even if it means reading several package labels and figuring it all up.
Today I made what I thought was a decent choice for lunch. A grilled blackened chicken sandwich at Culvers with green beans instead of fries. I had this same meal about a week ago and did not count the green beans as points. Hey, its a veggie "0" points right? Whoops think again, preparation is everything here. After picking up a copy of Culvers nutritional sheet I learned that maybe I should have skipped the beans. Prepared value on green beans turns out to be 5 points. Perhaps I should have just had the sandwich all by itself.

Meals.

Breakfast: 5 pts. Raisin Bran w/skim milk
Lunch: 13 pts. Culvers Grilled Blackened Chicken sandwich with green beans.
Dinner: 3 pts. SmartOnes Shrimp Marinara

Exercise: Walked Treadmill 4 miles 61min

1 comment:

[rich] said...

Dropping in to say 'Hi' sorry for not commenting much over the last week or so...crazy busy.