Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving On The Tundra

Greetings fellow bloggers,

I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday today. I had not planned on a morning walk but after reading Jonathans blog, Bryans comments, and of course reading about Rae's jog at the Turkey Trot. (nice job Rae) I just had to go out for a walk of my own. The trails around town still had some ice on them as you can see. This added a little time to my walk but I was glad to be out and about.

Don't tell Andy, but as you look to the right in the first picture you can see part of a harvested cornfield. Yep, I admit it my town is surrounded by corn. haha.

I call this second location Sleepy Hollow because at night it can be creepy. When jogging through here as you go past the tree closest to the trail on the right hand side is a larger tree that during a full moon catches a lot of light. The first time I noticed it I thought someone was hiding there. It freaked me out. I laugh about it now, but sometimes...


I returned from the morning walk and we went over to my Father in laws for the big Thanksgiving spread. With all the grandchildren and great grandchildren there must have been at least 40 of us. The meal and desserts were awesome, as always. After the meal several of us played a game of "Disney Scene It?"
My wife and her sisters worked on Christmas lists in preparation for an early start tomorrow.
After we returned home, I laid down on the couch and our dog Jake decided to join me for a nap.
After waking up I once again decided that with all that wonderful food today another walk was in order. Before leaving I went on-line and discovered with much delight that All About The Mouse was available a day early. So after downloading the show, out the door I went. I enjoyed the show during my walk. I enjoyed this weeks dining topic as we will be doing a number of sitdown dining locations during Mousefest.
I was very surprised by how improved the trails were tonight. Very little ice anywhere.
Meals.
Breakfast: 5 pts. Raisin Bran w/skim milk
Lunch/Dinner: Points are you kidding me? I have no idea really. Turkey,Sweet Potatos, Green Beans, carrots, celery, stuffing, pumpkin pie, the list goes on.
Tomorrow back on track for points.
Exercise: Round One AM 3.50 miles 75 min
Round Two PM 3.37 miles 63 min
Till tomorrow...

2 comments:

Rae! said...

Wow those are great pictures.Being cold like that would make it hard to get up and get the door. Good job.
I am glad you had a nice holiday.

Jeff W said...

The cold can be a real mental challenge some days. But if I can find the motivation (and you guys are a large part of that)I would rather be out there than on a treadmill. Even with yesterdays slower pace it "felt" much faster than an hour on a machine.
I will give the treadmill one plus, and that is at least you can work up a sweat and not feel it evaporating off of you. brrrrr.
Cold weather training gear may be in my future.