Friday, November 23, 2007

Enchanted by "Enchanted"

It is so refreshing when a studio can produce a film that everyone can enjoy.
Disney has done a wonderful job with Enchanted. From the previews I felt this film had potential, even though I generally do not like films where the characters change between live action and animation. This film bridged that very well and with wonderful humor.
Princess Giselle enters our world confused and with all the preconceived ideas about love and romance that you would expect any Disney Princess to have stuck in her pretty little head. Slowly her preconceptions begin to change. It's all happens in a very nice way. Let's just say that circumstances begin to tug at her heart a little bit.
The film is full of numerous call backs to passed Disney films. I am sure I may have missed some of them. Even the background musical score harkens back to the early days of Disney animation. Even a melody from the Little Mermaid can be heard softly playing while Giselle is near an aquarium.
There is a musical number in the middle of the film that takes place in a park. During this sequence I began to wonder if a tribute to Epcot’s World Showcase was occurring. The finale of that number ends in front of a fountain that reminded me of the central hub at the Magic Kingdom. It’s hard to say if these were intentional things or if I am simply reading more into it than I should.
I strongly recommend this film. It really is a delight. Kids and adults who are young at heart can once more find that Disney Magic on the silver screen.
Go see it with your special someone.

Meals.

Breakfast: 5 pts. Raisin Bran w/skim milk
Lunch: 6 pts. Two turkey brats no bun, with green pepper, onions and sauerkraut.
Dinner: 8 pts. Maid Rite loose meat sandwich on wheat with baked beans.
Snack: ? Popcorn at the movie. I am sure the points for this are horribly high.

Exercise: 10.2 miles in 112 min at least that's good huh?

Till next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the movie yesterday.

I think there were some good parts. For instance the costumes and make-up.

I enjoyed the movie but it was nowhere close to being another Lion King, Snow White, etc.

I would not buy the soundtrack nor the DVD. But it was a fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Rae! said...

we haven't seen it yet,maybe next weekend. Great job on the mileage!!!!