Monday, November 5, 2007

Blustery Day on the Tundra

First, let me thank those of you who have already posted comments.
It’s nice to have support out there. My pledge to you and others who might follow along is that I will post truthfully. My success in using this blog depends on that element.
It’s nice to hear if I am doing well, but I also want to hear from you if I need some….let’s call it tough motivation from time to time.

And if you just want to stop in now and then just to say hello that’s fine too.

This morning’s jog was welcomed by a temp of 42 with winds at 18mph.
Once I got warmed up I realized I had overdressed for the conditions.
I found running into the wind very tiring and ended my run at my minimum goal of four miles.

Today’s Stats.

Breakfast: 5 pts. Raisin Bran in skim milk (It’s a staple to my day)

Lunch: 7 pts Bacon wrapped chicken griller with jalapeños, green peppers, and onions.

Dinner: 6 pts Smart Ones Santa Fe Rice and Beans with added salsa brava.

Snack: 6 pts Cashew-Cranberry-Almond snack mix 2 oz.

Exercise: Jogged 4.06 miles in 47 min.

Till next time…

4 comments:

Rae! said...

That is cold!!!!! Brrrr.....
great to get out there in that and run.The wind gave you some resistance.

I still owe 2 miles for this week.:(

Jeff W said...

I guess I could consider the wind free speed work. haha

Perhaps one way to gain back those two miles would be to add a portion of it into other workouts you have planned this week.

How's your leg doing?

[rich] said...

Nice run - it's getting cold over in the UK as well it's been 8C outside today - still shorts and t-shirt though.

Running into the wind is character building ;-)

I try and run 4 miles during the week days and then put some long runs in over the weekend.

Rae! said...

The leg is getting better thanks for asking!!!!!