Tuesday, January 8, 2008

These Are Not My Shoes:

Think about it...
Only you can fill yours

Well I ended up working late last night and did not get to finish this post. However, Rae saw where I was going with this and has already added a comment this morning.

I was trying to find a creative way to discuss our common goal(s) and where we each are individually. Instead I am just going to simply say what's on my mind.

I just wanted to tell each of you that I am glad you are all out there. Not only for me but for each other. I think it is great that we can offer support and advice to one another no matter were we each are in relationship to our goals. One comment left on a blog or in an e-mail can be enough to keep ones motivation up.

We all know that training is not always much fun. I for one like to read about your victories as well as your struggles. Sometimes knowing I am not the only one having a struggle helps.

Often someone will create a catch phrase or use a Disney quote that is inspiring. Like "Main Street Awaits" or "Keep Moving Forward".

Byron came up with "Keep Moving Forward" a few posts ago over at http://blog.phatdisneygeek.com/ he was inspired by this quote from "Meet The Robinsons"

That quote struck a chord with me and has stuck. This past Saturday during my long jog I felt like slowing down or just walking it out but that quote came back to me and helped me through.
I am thankful to Byron for sharing it. It just goes to show that you never know who you may inspire.

Ok everyone get out there and lace up those shoes.

Yesterday's Meals.

BK: 5 pts Raisin Bran w/skim milk
LN: 5 pts 1/2 of a Subway Turkey breast sandwich.
DN: 5 pts 2nd 1/2 of listed sandwich.
SN: 8 pts. Almonds 2oz.
EX: None. Off work late and did not go out early because I thought I would do it after work.

Today
BK: 5 pts Raisin Bran w/skim milk
LN: 6 pts. Creamy Rigatoni with Broccoli and Chicken.
DN: 4 pts.Broccoli and Cheddar Roasted Potatoes.
SN: 1 pt Nestle sugar free hot cocoa.
EX: TM 34 min 3.11 miles E 12 min .66 miles

4 comments:

Rae! said...

Yes if we were able to walk in others shoes we maybe able to see their world.

[rich] said...

:-) Nice post, it's what gets me out the door 6 days a week - knowing I owe it to you guys to put in the miles and keep it going.

Posting on the blogs you read really helps to keep everyone motivated.

The blogs are a great way to help with motivation - but in last year it's helped me and my family make great friends worldwide.

Keep on running and posting - insert catchphrase... I haven't got one... yet ;-)

DebWDW said...

You are right, knowing Team Voice is in this together, and knowing that all of us want to succeed, makes it impossible to give up on the goal.

If I had planned on signing up for an event, but training wasn't going well, I would EASILY decide to forget it.

But with Team Voice, I know I'd have to have an impossibly good excuse, and even then, all of you would end up convincing me AGAIN that I could do this. So giving up is just not an option!

The only option is to keep moving forward!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of ALL of the Team Voice members - we are all in this together - and we KEEP MOVING FORWARD - and MAIN STREET AWAITS!!!

Keep it up Jeff!!!

Jonathan