Friday, December 28, 2007

The Corn Patch Restaurant


Not that I'm admitting anything to Andy, but we do have our share of corn around these parts.
In fact, as you can see we are proud of it. (ok I think some people are, more than others) You got to have a sense of humor though. Especially here on the Tundra.
The Corn Patch Restaurant opened in 1981 and has been keeping the locals well fed ever since.
Included with every meal is their homemade potato soup. This is so tasty that many people will order it to go for special occassions.
So what did this Snowy Tundranian order last night you ask. I had a great meal which used up the bonus points I had for the week.
Potato Soup.
2 slices of fresh homemade bread.
8 0z Filet Mignon w/baked potato and a mix of carrots, brocolli and cauliflower.
BK: 5 pts. Raisin Bran w/skim milk
LN: 6 pts. SmartOnes Swedish Meatballs
DN: 22 pts.
SN: 6 pts, Cashew snack mix 2 oz.
No exercise today being Friday.
Monday I begin my early work week. I plan on stopping into that new Snap Fitness center to check it out. If no one is on staff I will try again Wednesday. According to their website staffing hours change from day to day. Strange.
We are also getting a YMCA later this year. Goodbye cornfields hello progress.
So how many of you have a local favorite dining spot???

No comments: