Thursday, April 24, 2008

Rough Night



Tonight started out as one of those evenings when I really struggled with getting outside to run. The temps hear tonight are in the 70's and there is a storm on it's way. By the time I finally committed to the idea the clouds and lightning were already getting closer. Due to the approaching weather I skipped the warm up and went straight into a jog. I jogged too fast in the first couple miles and my body told me so. As the rain started coming down I decided to shorten my run.



I took off down a street that I have not jogged on. I was unfamiliar with the condition of the pavement here, until my left ankle decided to transfer what it was learning to my brain. Ouch! Hopefully it will feel better tomorrow.

Till Next time...

3 comments:

MikeF. said...

Get some ice on that ankle. Hope nothing too bad happened. And hey at least you made that effort to get your butt outside and run.

Craig Wheeler said...

Those mental hurdles are often the hardest. Good job pushing through it.

Matt said...

Gosh! I hope your ankle is ok. Good job on pushing yourself, despite the weather.