Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Scrooged? Nope I made it.


Tough run today. Managed to meet up with Uncle Scrooge though. Tough because I should have drank more water yesterday and also the sun this morning was brutal. I got out the door two hours later than I planned. Thankfully I did carry water with me. Twice I found myself slowing down to a walk, but I had no trouble getting back into a rhythm.
Admittedly I did almost stop about halfway through. But then I though about Kate's "Will You Run For ME Poem" that she wrote and sent to Jonathan. Click over and give it a read.
My mantra for the rest of the run was "Yes I will run for you" and it made a big difference.
I hope you all have great runs this weekend.

5 comments:

Matt said...

Good Job Jeff!!!

DebWDW said...

Your creativity continues to amaze me!

Chris said...

LOL, almost the same scenario for me this morning! Except, instead of the 10mi I was going to run...it came in at 6.5mi.....I think I need the read that letter/poem!

Glad someone hit their goal! Way to go! :-)

[rich] said...

You and Jonathon are now officially the dehydrated twins...

I made the mistake once of not drinking enough - man did I feel ILL!

Well done on carrying on.

Rae! said...

Good job on moving forward.
Water is my new best friend.
I posted a video one of my friends sent me.
Keep up the great work!!!