Friday, February 22, 2008

Out Of The Night,

When The Full Moon Is Bright, Comes a horseman known as...

Those of you following this blog know that I am a big classic movie fan. Yesterday I received a Disney Movie Reward that I had been saving my points for. A boxed set of the complete first season of Disney's Zorro. 5 DVDs containing 39 episodes. It is currently sold as a Disney Movie Club exclusive. Which can be purchased only if you are member. Disney Movie Reward members can pick a set up for 2200 pts.

So tonight I am planning a walking trip over at Treadmill Theater.

Update 10:40pm

Well I have indeed visited the old TM Theater. I walked 5.32 miles in 80 Min. The episodes I have watched so far have been a lot of fun. There's nothing like a good swashbuckling adventure. One thing about these releases surprised me. The episodes have been colorized. I was expecting the original B/W copies. A number of years ago when Ted Turner purchased rights to MGM he colorized a number of films. Some looked pretty good while others looked like crud. These Zorro episodes look fantastic. As if they were originally filmed this way.

I have not joined the Disney Movie club in the past but if exclusive films such as these are being offered I may consider it. A flyer in the first DVD listed programmed wrapped and labeled As "The Wonderful World Of Disney" which is the version of Disney television programming I grew up with. So I made need to look further into this.

But for now I'm heading over to the microwave and popping a bag of Heathly-Pop Popcorn. I'm going to watch a few more episodes. I feel like such a kid.

4 comments:

[rich] said...

Sweet :-) I love Zorro - the new movies are one of my daughters fav's as well.

I love the old black and white Flash Gordon, Superman & rocketeer type shows :-) That's all we could get growing up in the UK as a kid in the 70s and 80s with 3 channels.

Nice work on the run on the dreadmill.

Doc Terminus said...

Uh oh.. bad news for my bank account... Good news for the Zorro fix...

Craig Wheeler said...

I've not seen any zorro episodes. But I know the feeling. We got Netflix recently, and along with the newer movies, I've been revisiting a lot of childhood favorites. Some of them I still enjoy, but others I look at and can't imagine how I ever liked them.

MikeF. said...

The movie shrek2 ruined Zoro for me. Every time I see Zoro all I can think of is the scene in Shrek 2 where they firts meet Puss and Boots. Sorry Hairball. Anyways good job on at TM theater. Keep it up.