Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Big Weekend Coming

This is going to be a busy weekend for me. First, our very dear friend Deb is sponsoring the Michigan Apple Harvest Fun Run with 10K and 15K events. This will be our second virtual Team Voice run. My records indicate that so far 9 of you have signed up for the Sept 20th event. There is room for plenty more. Please let Deb and Myself know if you are interested and we will put you up on the roster. To post your times for this event feel free to leave comments over on All About the Corn but please email Deb or leave comments directly on her blog as I will actually be out of town that day.
Due to travel plans I will be running on Friday. If you plan to participate and need to run on Friday or Sunday instead, again I ask that you let us know.


Click either image to enlarge
So what am I going to be up to this weekend? Well I plan to be in Walt Disney's boyhood hometown of Marceline for the 10th annual Toonfest celebration. This is a trip that I have wanted to make for about two years now. What better time to go than when other Disney fans will be hanging around having a good time. I am very curious to see the original Mainstreet which inspired Walt Disney as he developed Disneyland. It's about a 3.5 hours drive from home so I am planning on getting up very early in order to arrive by 8:00. Hopefully I will find myself in a Mainsteet cafe enjoying breakfast with Lisa, Trace, and whomever else is hanging out with them. At 10:00 there will be a parade on Mainstreet.

A few years ago Big Lou from the Beyond Mainstreet Podcast visited here and he posted video on his show. Check out episode 23. Hopefully Lou will be stopping down again this year.

Anyone else planning on being here that I am not aware of? Jeff from MO perhaps?

2 comments:

DebWDW said...

Lucky you! I'd like to do that one day. So many trips ... so little time and money!

sambycat said...

and don't forget- kungaloosh apres at conversations!! ;)

see ya real soon!