Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hey Santa!


You've just finished delivering toys to all the children in the world. What are you going to do now?

I'm going to Disney World!!!


Its hard to believe that one week from today I will be back in "the World." There is so much to look forward to on this trip. This year my mom, who has not been to WDW in 17 years, will be traveling with me. It hard to tell which one of us is more excited. She has not been to Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom was not open when she was last in Orlando. She calls almost every night informing me that the trip is getting closer.

For this trip we will be flying into Tampa and before driving up to Disney we plan on having dinner with a friend of mine from High School and his family. Our first night will be at Old Key West and then we will be moving over to my home resort at Bay Lake Tower for the rest of our stay. Can't wait to see inside the building and Main Street will be so close I bet you can smell the bakery. (and let's not forget a cool lapu lapu is only a short monorail ride away.)

Plans as they currently stand are.

Wed 1/6
Arrive in Tampa at 5:00
Dinner with my friend Bill, a former Iowan who now lives in Tampa with his family.
Drive up to Orlando and check into Old Key West.

Thurs 1/7
Animal Kingdom.
Lunch at Yak & Yeti 12:30
Visit Expo and pick up packet when park closes at 5pm.
Check in Bay Lake Tower
If Yeehaw Bob is performing we plan to arrive for his show over at Port Orleans Riverside in the River Roost lounge between 7:30-8:00 Otherwise we may hop over to another park.

Fri 1/8
Hollywood Studios.
Dinner at Mama Mel-Rose 4:55
Park closes at 7.

Sat 1/9
3:30AM Make my way sleepy eyed over to meet up with Lisa and Trace at The Contemporary and take the Monorail over to the pre race starting area at Epcot.
Enjoy running my second Disney Half Marathon.
Magic Kingdom & Dole Whip Meet 2:00
Epcot for dinner at Le Cellier 5:15

Sun 1/10
Head down to Main Street to watch Team Voice Marathoners coming in.
Hopefully be able to make our way around to other locations and continue cheering the team on.
Meet up with Team Voice in the reception area.
6:00 Polynesian Resort Lapu Lapu
6:40 Dinner Ohana
Extra Magic Hours at Magic Kingdom till 11:00

Monday 1/11
7:55am Breakfast Kona
Park day undecided

Tue 1/12
Epcot
Lunch Coral Reef 12:35
Evening at Hollywood Studios if Fantasmic is showing.

Wed 1/13
Leave early for Tampa and our flight home.

A brief note on fitness for this run. I am not as prepared as I would like to be. However I do feel better physically than when I did DAM earlier this year. Right or wrong I feel that feeling better coupled with Disney Magic should get me through the run. I would really like to see a 2:30 finish but we'll just have to wait and see.
My training has been mostly on the elipitcal lately with very little treadmill and zero outdoor running over the past month due to ice covered sidewalks. I refuse to risk injury or to run in the street. I cringed the other day when I noticed two joggers running down a two lane highway in the early morning. Both were dressed in black cold weather running gear with nothing reflective anywhere.

In the days ahead I will keep hitting the gym trying to lose any extra pounds I can before race day.

6 comments:

Matt said...

Bay Lake tower is your home resort? Hmmm... Party at your place!!! You should definately take us up to the lounge at least! haha!

Sounds like a good trip. Too bad I have to leave so dang early...

MikeF. said...

Jeff just a heads up Bryan is announcing the AATM meet on this upcoming show. It's going to be Saturday at 3pm at the Jungle cruise. So it works out great because of the Dole Whip meet at 2pm. Just thought I would let you know.

Jeff W said...

Matt,
Dude I would love to have everyone up to check out the lounge. Last I knew only DVC owners were being allowed in. It might even be restricted to those staying at the BTL. No worries I'll tip an OJ and Vodka for ya:)

Mike,
Hopefully the line will be short and will allow enough time to get over to Epcot. Could be close.

Chris said...

I'm jealous...You got an ADR at Le Cellier for Saturday! I tried too late I think and could only get Teppan Edo... bummer. :-( Almost thought about heading over to the Yachtsman as it's "close" but after running all morning I'm guessing the short jaunt over will feel like a couple of miles! LOL

Anyhoo, looks like you have a great plan for the trip, can't wait!

Amanda said...

Looks like a great trip planned and oddly - it looks like I'll be at a few of those meals and events with you :)! Can't wait it should be awesome.

Like you I don't feel as prepared as I would have liked to be, but I too am going to shoot for the elusive 2:30 for the Half...

I was planning on treking around on Sunday to cheer on the marathoners as well - if you want some company let me know. I was hoping there would be a few of us out there cheering them on :)!

sambycat said...

um yeah, trace and i will be dragging ourselves across the finish line about the time you are going to le cellier......