Friday, September 18, 2009

Steady 6



Things came together tonight for a nice steady 6 mile jog (12.5 pace) without walking breaks. Everything this evening just felt right. Temps here are in the low 50's which makes for great jogging weather. My new shoes are working out well. I can certainly tell the difference in the toe box with these 4E shoes. The only draw back is that I am still working on getting them tied just right. Otherwise I get some heel slippage. I have run the laces through the heel lock eyelets, but I have to watch that I do not over tighten the laces.

Earlier in the week I had every intention of trying to do early morning runs. I did good with going to bed by 10pm but instead of getting out of bed I just shut off the alarm and kept sleeping. I'm not going to complain about it because I think my body really needed the sleep. Having the windows open at night also helps with the deep sleep.

I am please with tonight's mileage and hopefully I can steadily build from here. I would really like to achieve 10 miles by the end of October. But right now its time for an ice pack and Ibuprofen.

7 comments:

Chris said...

MMmm strawberry shortcake! LOL

I hear ya on the morning run! I made it out the door at 6:45 this morning, but my body never felt right. I think morning has somethign to do with it...

Great job on the 6 and working towards that 10! After all, 10 is just 4 batty bats away from 6 :-)

Justin said...

Great job on the mileage ramp up. I know you've been having some foot issues. Glad to see those under control.

Best of luck with that 10-miler next month. I'll keep checking in to see how you are progressing.

DebWDW said...

Glad you had a good six! There's nothing like a perfect run. Keep moving forward!

sambycat said...

i never understood why that last guy sounds just like ernie.

Matt said...

Excellent work! You're doing great so keep it up!

It really doesn't matter when you do your runs, just as long as you do them... right?

MikeF. said...

How have you been?

Amanda said...

Great job. I hear you on the lacing and not too tight/too loose. I fight it with every new pair of shoes.